Sunday, October 14, 2007

I faught my muse and my muse won....

For the longest time, my Muse has been telling me to make a face cane. And for the longest time I've been heroically resisting her.

You have to understand, my philosophy, when it comes to making jewelry, is simple... only make things that I might actually wear. And I have no desire to wear anything with a human face on it. Now a cat's face? Definitely. Lizards or birds - no problem (especially if it's a raven). I might even consider a dog's face... maybe. But a human face.... no way.

Don't get me wrong, I've seen some lovely things folks have made that feature face canes. Really beautiful things. But, for some reason, I feel really uncomfortable at the thought of wearing something like that. I know of others that feel this way too, but I haven't a clue why we do.

So, why should I make a face cane, right? Well, this morning when I woke up, I had an uncontrollable desire to make a face cane. I think maybe my muse had put subliminal thoughts into my dreams or something. "You must make a face cane, you MUST make a face cane." *shivers* So, after a cup of coffee I headed to my studio and made this... Sorry for the lousy photo, btw.
Muse wasn't impressed. Oh, what a task master she is!! Hey, it's a face cane, what more do you want?!

Something more, apparently. So, I gave in and let her take charge, and this is what she came up with.


It took me all morning to make it, and then... after a nap, she made me make another one (photo coming soon)!! Oh, the things I do to please my muse. *sigh*

5 comments:

Susan Turney said...

Hey, Melanie!
I can't wait to see how you use it! I wish someone (something) would whisper in my ear....I'm having a great big blank right now. I'm looking forward to a day with no other plans so maybe I can just spend time with the clay and hopefully something will pop in. Or maybe I need to clean my work area first! I have to carefully step through the piles. The cats must have been playing with all my stuff...I would never have made such a mess!

Raven's Clay said...

Lol! And you say I'm funny! ;P

Susan, I totally know the place your in... both the silent muse and the... ah... messy cats. ;) When that happens, what has helped me is to just pick up some clay and smoosh it around. Or just sit and blend some colors.

When my mind is blank, I try to take advantage of the situation and just make skinner blends (of colors I use a lot and am familiar with) or simple canes (my fall back, as it were)... And the result is either I get inspired, or I end up with a bunch of "stuff" I can use later. But the most important part is that I keep touching clay. :)

Just a thought.

marilyn said...

Melanie,
I just love your face cane and necklace from it. Great work!
Marilyn Davenport

http://marilyn-bitsofclay.blogspot.com/

Dick0369 said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛,a片,AV女優,聊天室,情色

anywhere_Smile said...

Now that we have described discount links of london the one way linking process, how can you get links of london silver websites to link just to you? One answer is that it is links of london sale dependent on your sites content, especially if you links london jewellery have unique content. Other websites will link cheap links of london to you if you have interesting content that links london bracelet compliments their content. The problem is that you london links charms really have to have something exceptional. links of london watches sale One easy way to get a type of one way link called discount links of london rings a back-link. These are links to articles that you cheap links of london necklaces have written and distributed through article directories.