Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Art Deco Canes...

I have a bit of an addiction to Dover clip art books. I buy their CD books and then have to find a way to use them to rationalize the cost. So, the other day, after I bought Dover's "Art Deco Design" book, I figured I better make some art deco canes....

Granted, these canes are not the best reduction job I've ever done, but I was tired, they were big, and... well... ok, so I rushed. Rule number one in cane reduction... don't rush! (Do as I say, not as I do! lol!) Jana Roberts Benzon, my cane guru and a wonderful woman, taught me that (the part about not rushing, I mean).


So, what was it that actually inspired these particular images, you might ask? Here are the images... but know that they were just an inspiration. I liked elements of the images, and tried to interpret those bits I liked into my canes. I got close enough to feel excited about using them.

I have to admit, I like the original ones better... but I'm willing to accept that my caning skills (and the time I want to spend making them) don't match what it would take to bring them to the same level as these images from Dover.

My next post will show you what I have done with these and other canes recently.

No comments: