Monday, September 19, 2011

Who's Going To RAM?

Finally made it back from the Rockies late last night... Boy, is it great to be back home (I feel like breaking out in song)!  Man, Dog and Cat were all really happy to see me. The black sky was studded with sparkling stars, the air was clear, and the altitude was only 600 feet above sea level. Phew! 

 And... in just a month's time, I will be flying off to Wisconsin (the Cheese Hat State, as my son calls it), where the Racine Art Museum (RAM) will be debuting the exhibit Terra Nova: Polymer Art at the Crossroads. For those who haven't been following the efforts of Elise Winters and others at the Polymer Art Archive,  I strongly urge you to check it out. Because of their tireless efforts (both time and money!) Polymer Clay is rising to the level of respect and recognition it deserves.

While the exhibit is a huge turning point itself, the press it's been getting is nothing to sneeze at. It's been covered by Ornament Magazine...
Art Jewelry Magazine (see the current issue's "A Conversation with Bruce Pepich")...

And now American Craft... (if you click here, you can download a PDF of the article)

And, speaking of deserved exposure... Rachel Carren received due honors in a terrific article in Ornament, written by polymer clay champion Jill DeDominicis. Well worth a read.

I got a real creative kick start while I was huffing and puffing in the Rockies... so stay tuned for some fun stuff ahead. Well... some time in the near (ish) future.

2 comments:

Cynthia Blanton said...

I can't go to the seminar or the actual grand opening, but I will be there on Sunday of that weekend to see the exhibit after I attend Carol Simmons week-long workshop. Maybe I'll see you there.

Cynthia

Raven's Clay said...

Hi Cynthia! Carol mentioned she was going on Sunday too... I'll keep my eyes out for both of you. This should be a really interesting event!