Friday, May 6, 2011

Having Fun With Form

I've been messing about with Ultra Light again... And have finally manifested a form that I have been thinking about for some time. Instead of an outer wave, I'm going for an inner movement...

I've also been working with more muted colors lately. Not sure why. Perhaps it was the Winter Blues that have carried over into my Spring Fever... or perhaps I just had way too much scrap clay. (For those who don't know... I am a "Use Your Scrap" warrior... and not just for bead guts. Lindly Haunani and Maggie Maggio have taught me the beauty of playing with "mud".)

I'm heading out tomorrow for a ten day road trip, visiting family and friends, and (hopefully) claying up a storm. My friends Betsy Baker and Melanie Muir have convinced me to try working with vessel forms... so perhaps, when I get back, I will have something really new and different to share with you.

10 comments:

Marian Hertzog said...

Love these! Remind me of tenacles in a good way! The inner wave movement is kind of sensual.

bebedesiles said...

WONDERFULL

bebedesiles said...

WONDERFULL

Silastones said...

Awesome!

Raven's Clay said...

Thanks gals! And Marian, your comment about tentacles is a huge compliment! I adore tentacles!!

Randee M Ketzel /RMKDesign on Etsy said...

These are wonderful Melanie--and I knew them at a glance; you have a very distinctive voice. At guild meeting yesterday we were going through the new Masters of Polymer Clay book, and several people asked what you'd been doing lately--I'll send them here.
Gorgeous.

Elizabeth said...

So beautiful!! Glad to see you back in the groove. Can you send some groove down to far west Texas? Thank you, LOL.

Papagodesign said...

These forms looked instantly "pregnant" to me, as though they would open up any minute and release millions of interesting cells. It was my very firs impression of these flowing shapes - I've just come back from the beach, so maybe I can visualise them flowing in the tide pools. The muted colours are great - more colder climate rock pool colours.

Nadja said...

Wow! How great to see new work of yours! Keep the photos comming!
Nadja

Weronika said...

Incredible beauty! WOW!

all best,
Weronika
www.koralikowaweraph.blogspot.com