Friday, September 7, 2007

Raising Cane!

Sorry for the lousy pun. It's late in the evening as I write this, and I really should be in bed... but instead, I've been editing photos I took this afternoon (finally!) of some of my newer work. I thought that maybe, perhaps, someone might possibly like to look at them... ? I'll start with some more little cane bowls I've been cranking out lately. Later, I'll share with you some newer cuffs I made before I left for Europe, and even later on perhaps I'll share some of the "a la Louise" earrings I've been messing about with. But I digress... today is little bowls.

So, with out further ado (what, exactly is an ado?) ....

Oh, and I have been remiss and owe a huge "forgive me" to Lisa Clarke. Weeks ago, she sent me a link to her "Color Challenge". It's a very cool idea - every month Lisa comes up with a color and - to use her words - "participants are asked to create artwork in any medium, the only requirement being that the current color is featured predominantly in the work." Each month a winner is chosen and receives a gift certificate to Polka Dot Creations. We're talking terrific books here, guys. If you haven't been to her site, you really should take a gander. But if you're on a tight budget, don't have your credit card handy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW-O-WOW.
The cane bowls are wid and divine.
You know it is YOUR cane work that I love the most!

Anonymous said...

Oh Melanie, your bowls are like your canes: outstanding!

A fan from Switzerland

Raven's Clay said...

What the heck is this Surge *cough* of annonimity?!?! "s" in Delaware? "dr. n." in Switzerland? What's next, "dr. no" in a movie (you know, the guy who rides the "nucular" bomb)? o.0 ;P

Seriously, a hearty Caio Bellas! to my biological and heart sisters! Oh, why are you both so far away?

And thank you soooo much for your kind words. Now,if I could find a hundred folks like you with money oozing from their pockets, and they all just happen to go to the Camden Harbor Arts festival. Lol!

Huge sister hugs to you both!

Lisa Clarke said...

Thanks for posting about the color challenge! No need to apologize - I wasn't looking for a plug or anything when I mentioned it :-)

I love your bowls, particularly the olive green & blue one. Very pretty.