Rarely do New Years Resolutions cross my lips, so this year is no different. There will, however, be some changes for me and my work... but they are just part of an ongoing process. Some bits in the works...
- I may be setting up some teaching gigs. (More in future posts.)
- Shows are too taxing to do alone, and in this economy I can't afford to pay an assistant, so... I'm backing down from craft shows for the time being.
- Wholesale may be the next avenue I explore. (It helps that I am a 2010 Niche Finalist.) We shall just have to wait and see how it all works out.
- My pricing structure is being revamped for 2010, and I now have a line of brooches starting at a manageable (for most) $45.00. (Some examples are below.) Simple earrings are also starting to emerge.
- I'm keeping to my organic, nature inspired style, if you will, but I'm letting my past graphic design training sneak in, so there will be - in some of my pieces - a cleaner, perhaps more organized element to some of them.
And now, as promised, some new brooches...
Wow! I love these brooches! Happy new year to you too!
Happy New Year!I admire of yours works!They give me a great pleasure.In they I see colors and shapes of nature.Wish you to be so creative also in this year :-)
Hi Doreen and Mawa! Thanks so much for your New Year wishes and sweet words regarding my work... er... play really. If this were work I don't think I would have lasted as long as I have. ;)
Here's to joy and play!!
I saw these brooches on PCD and I just had to leave you a note. These are outstanding. I can't imagine doing something like this and how it must feel to you when your done. Such beauty.
Good Health and prosperity this year. jeannie
P.S. If you're ever teaching in the Twin Cities, (St. Paul) I'd be there will bells on and a smile on my face.
Happy New Year to you! They are beautiful, your brooches! It is sure that you are going to delight us more more in this year!
Salut ! Tu as été désignée par La Casa de Fieras pour participer à la ronde infernale ! Viens jouer avec nous si tu veux ;-)
Happy new year Melanie!
I came very quickly this morning and didn't see you were featuring in PCDaily... What a good idea!
I saw new work, i should have understood something is going on!!!
But instead of that, i've chosen your blog to participate in a game!
Follow the link of Berluce and please play with us!
Have nice time, kind regards
Lovely work, a beautiful extension of your bangles...
your brooches are very beautiful. I whish you an happy new year
Melanie, your work is always so exciting.....love the new brooches.
Any chance you'd come to Las Vegas to teach? Beautiful pieces, all!
Melanie, your brooches are great! Feels good to shake things up a bit, eh? Can't wait to see the earrings.....fi
Re-Salut ! Tu as aussi été désignée par Lolomosquito pour participer à la ronde infernale !
Love your work/play. The colors, patterns, shapes. Here's to a wonderful happy new year. If you ever come to teach in the Connecticut area, I would be there in a heartbeat too.
Post a Comment