Monday, June 25, 2007

Someone else...

Today I am in sponge mode, and am really into looking at other folks work. So, in case anyone else is in the same mode, I'm sharing Jennifer Maestre's sculptural work. She uses colored pencils. No, it's not an illustration, silly. It's colored pencils!!!


I have seen earrings and necklaces made from colored pencils, but until Jennifer's work I've never seen them used in this way. After staring at this photo trying to imagine how she put a zillion pencil tips together I decided to browse the rest of her site to glean an answer (duh) and this is what I found. According to her website she also works in beads and nails. Oh, and she makes really wonderful brooches, too. Zounds!

Question for the day: Does a sculpture made of colored pencil tips count as mixed media?


5 comments:

Sarajane Helm said...

Melanie, your new blog looks wonderful! I hope you have a lot of fun with it, and I'm going over to my own blog to add your link right now. I'm looking forward to seeing what all you put up!
Sarajane
polyclay.com/blog

Raven's Clay said...

Sarajane!! Thank you, and thank you! Now I just have to remember to keep posting. Lol! Oh, and an email is on the way.

Stonehouse Studio said...

Melanie, Jen Maestre's work is what first drew me to Etsy! A fellow vendor at a show told me about Etsy and Jen happened to have one of her pins on the home page when I checked out the site. I was so impressed, I opened my own Etsy store the same day!

Anonymous said...

zimmer enchilada olive paste fregga noodle conjelical fizzanilly crakoviensis mon cherie obladee oblada life goes on. similie smiles againstical.

Elixir Studies said...

This was lovely to read